Friday, October 29, 2010

10/20/2010 UPDATE: project progress

I have collected quite a few sets of paperwork for science projects. Good job to those of you who have been told to file them in your portfolio. That means you are "good to go". I'm currently reviewing a whole stack of project paperwork and making suggestions and comments that really would not be necessary if EVERYONE would read the directions and follow them. Yes, I know that science projects are difficult and yes, you have to work hard, and yes, you have to find an EXPERIMENT, and yes, you have to get it all approved. PLEASE take time to make sure you have a complete set of paperwork (Forms 1, 1A, 1B, 3 and a RESEARCH PLAN). Put them in order and staple them together. The time I spend in ordering and stapling takes away from the time I can spend on a project. If every project takes 5 minutes of my time and I have 5 classes of 22 students how much time will I be spending on project review? Sounds like a great bellringer for next week.

PARENTS: Please review your child's work BEFORE you sign it. If it's not ordered and stapled then have your child do it or maybe you can do it for them. Your investment of 1 minute will actually save me about 60 minutes. That makes the turn around time for project review that much faster.

Right now there are many projects that I still need to review before going home to start my family time. I will post the grades that I have. This is what the Paperwork grade means: a 4 means that all paperwork is acceptable and work may begin on the project when you say to start. A 3 means that there are a few minor revisions that need to be made ASAP and the paper can be turned back in. A 2 means that the project needs a lot of attention from the student. No experimentation should begin at this time. A 1 indicates that very little has been submitted, but at least I know that the students has an idea that can grow into a project. A 0 (zero)indicates that I have not seen any paperwork. Any grade less than a 4 may be raised to a 4 by submitting the correctly completed paperwork.

No comments: