Friday, February 08, 2013

Yes, it MATTERS!

The topic is MATTER and yes, it matters.  I still need to catch up on some grades. Plan to have all previously assigned text assignments checked. If you were on the trip and have not had your vocabulary checked then plan for your next class.

There will be some tremendous labs next week. Be prepared. Have all of your work finished so that won't hold you back.

Congrats to the 5 students who are representing JLCP at the NEFRSEF (NorthEast Regional Science and Engineering Fair) on Monday. Omar, Joyce, Max F, Teresa, and Marielle have a great day and we'll see you back in school on Tuesday.  If you want to work on your 3D torn/cut  paper model of the 3 main phases of matter at the fair you may.  Remember to investigate the Gizmo first and use the "magnifying glass" to see the molecules and how they are arranged.  Then you may either write a post card, a comic strip, or pretend "TWEETS" (write them on paper)  @ # I Do Matter about your adventure about adding or losing energy.

Of course anyone who wants to work ahead may also do that assignment.
BONUS opportunity; complete the AQ for the Gizmo. No, you do not have to do the SEG.

Get started on the FCAT EXPLORER for Life. The due date will be announced later next week and posted on this site.

I stayed at JLCP (it's almost 5pm) to post your baseline grade (if you took it you got the assignment grade) and your LSA Post test grade. Both of these have been due, but I just now was able to print the reports.  I have pulled the FCAT EXPLORER reports. Now I have to hand calculate your score. Hmmm, maybe there's a better way.  I will give it some thought.

It looks like the district computers may be down tomorrow so I don't know if I will get anymore grades posted before Monday.  I intend to get your graphs posted soon, so if I don't have it you better get it to me ASAP next week.

Remember, Labs require the appropriate clothing, shoes, and hair styles. Bring a scrunchy, wear closed toed shoes, and don't wear your brand new favorite sweater next week. See you then.

No comments: