Thursday, March 21, 2013

Assignments and the first Test of the 4th quarter

First and foremost, please start the habit of getting a good night's sleep as we enter testing season.  You will take your Science FCAT in April and your Science EOC in May.  Sleeping well and eating a good breakfast are two easy test prep strategies to employ to help you be at your best.  If I don't see you on Friday have a great Spring Break but remember, you do have assignments.  The following are all the assignments that I will expect you to complete and that I will include into the current grading period grade. Don't slack off at the end, because your grade will drop if you get a zero on an activity or an assessment.

  • If you haven't finished LSA 5 Baseline you must do it ASAP. It is way overdue. I have already pulled the report and I will be recording a grade of ZERO for anyone who has not taken the test.
  •  LSA 5 Post test should be finished by Friday, March 22. That's tomorrow. I will pull that report  tomorrow. Don't forget to do your metacognitive process thinking and record your thoughts. Id I don't see your grade you will receive a grade of ZERO until I have time to pull the report after spring break.
  • LSA 6 Baseline should be finished by 04/02 so I can print your results for your class period. I will print those results on Tuesday, 040/02. Write down your thinking so we can have a meaningful conversation.
  • FCAT Explorer is due on Monday, 04/01 and I'm not joking about the date or the need to be finished. This will be an assessment grade for you on your next report card.
  • Both Gizmos are due: Cell Structures and Cell Energy Cycle. If I don't have them from you on Friday, 3/22 they will be recorded as a grade of ZERO.  Don't forget to do the AQs.  You may have completed the on-line lab 7-1 instead of a Gizmo. If so, I do need to see it on Friday.
  • The mind map of your trip through the Carbon Cycle game is due on Friday also. Make sure that I get it or I will record a ZERO. Remember, a Zero is not kind to your grade. It brings it down and there will be no more time to recycle anything after break.
LSA 6 Post will be given in class on Thursday, 04/04 for Bday and Monday, 04/08 for A day. Be prepared.

The district packet for SPRING BREAK is all about FCAT.  Nothing wrong with being as well prepared as you can be.  Review the FCAT vocabulary, the glossary, and any benchmarks that are giving you problems.  Most of you have a print out of your last FCAT report. Use that to help you prepare. It's the 3rd column that you look at first. The larger the number in the column on the right, the more work you need to put in for preparation. Second period will receive their print outs tomorrow.

No comments: