Friday, September 16, 2016

Progress Report Grades - Students and Parents please read

Progress reports are a snapshot into your progress. If you are not satisfied with your grade, examine your scores in the portal. Ask yourself these questions

  • Am I on time for class?  Why or why not?
  • Am I prepared to work with my ISN and other supplies? Why or why not?
  • Did I complete all assignments? Why or why not?
  • Did I submit all assignments? Why or why not?
  • Did I do well on assignments? Why or why not?
  • When I am doing PENDA do I try again if my score isn't the best? Why or why not?
  • Do I use my agenda to write down home learning or work I need to finish? Why or why not?
  • Am I staying in the moment in class? Why or why not?
  • Do I waste time in class? Why or why not?
  • Do I check the blog? When I am doing PENDA do I try again if my score isn't the best? Why or why not?
Parents, have a conversation with your child. Use the questions as talking points. I am the guide on the side; not the sage on the stage. I am not able to answer the why or why not parts of the questions; but your child should be able to explain their thinking. I think it's important for you to work with your child to establish consequences for their behaviors. Don't forget that success is worth a few mentions. Don't just focus on negatives. Do keep an eye on the portal. There are many more grades coming this grading period.



No comments: