Friday, November 19, 2010

Why do I still have a bad grade on my....

My last GIZMO even if I did it again?

If you submitted a GIZMO AQ (assessment questions) grade electronically, then what you scored has been recorded. You can't do the questions again and have it automatically record a better grade.

To raise the AQ grade for Coastal Winds and Clouds you must retake the AQ, check the answers by attempting to submit the grade, when it says you can't do that then PRINT out your score. Write out the following equation on the paper:
New Score - 10 points = grade for AQ. Then write the numbers in and solve the equation. Have your parents sign it so they know that you have made an improvement. Then you must turn in the paper to get a new grade entered in the gradebook. You must do this BEFORE December 7. I will not adjust these
scores after that date because I want to have plenty of time to grade science projects before you start your winter break.

Science Project Proposal
To raise your grade to a 4 you must complete the proposal correctly. Time is running out if you want me to check it again - or for the first time. I have Lab Reports to grade in order to be ready to grade Science Project Research Papers starting on December 7.

Grade Portal

I try to update at least one time a week based on the amount of time available to me during the work week. Please understand that I have duty in the gym on Wednesdays, must plan lessons,find the materials for the lessons, set up labs, find the materials for the lab, meet with the team, meet with parents, and grade papers each week. Sometimes I just have go home and do my "family stuff".

No comments: