Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update on GRADES

I am posting the grades for the quiz and publishing them on the grade website today. I can not release the test for test corrections because there are students who missed the quiz for various reasons. Once everyone has taken the quiz I will allow corrections for 25% of the points for each incorrect answer. Please be patient until I get scores for all students.

All Atmospheric Heating Project Evaluations should be submitted ASAP. I will be posting these and adding them to your grade next week. If I don't get your evaluation, you will only get the log in grade - if you logged it in originally.

I am reviewing science project paperwork as quickly as I can. If you followed directions and completed forms 1, 1a, 1b, and typed out a COMPLETE Research Plan including your bibliography then I should  be able to review it quickly and get it back in your hands. More on this in a later post.

I am posting do-over scores as quickly as I can. It takes time to re-grade/re-post for late work. This is time that I won't take away from preparing new lessons or new activities. If you are waiting for a do-over to be posted I'm going to expect you to be patient as there is only 1 of me and right now I have about 60 do-overs to be re-graded and re-posted. All Do-overs are due in no later than December 4.

Test Corrections for Atmospheric Heating will be posted after everything else, so again, patience is necessary on your part. If you haven't done them get them in to me ASAP. I am setting the deadline for do overs and test corrections for FRIDAY, December 4. I do NOT guarantee that these grades will be "changed"/re-posted before PROGRESS REPORTS come out next week.

Student Progress may be viewed through the grade portal. Please do not ask me to identify which assessments you did poorly on. You were provided with a hard copy of a progress report last week. Show that to your parents. They may get their portal info from the school. Parents will need to go to the guidance department and show an ID to obtain the information. Parents should not expect to have any conferences about science projects or grades on Science Night. It's a fun night to DO some science with your child.

ONLY Gizmo Assessment Questions are eligible for do-overs.

Science Projects should be well underway. For those of you who have finished your experimentation it's time to analyze the data. See the student handbook for the parts to the research paper. Check the diagram on http://www.nefrsef.org/ for how to set up your board. I will go over research papers and boards next week during our 2nd class of the week (A day = Wednesday and B Day = Thursday). Bring your science project data log and all of your handouts.

Formal Portfolios need to be developed. You will need a folder with pockets and prongs to serve as your formal portfolio. This will also be kept in the classroom and you will select several pieces to analyze. Please bring in a new, clean folder.

No comments: