Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A note to parents

Parents,
Please be advised that today at 12 PM all grades were due in for Progress Reports. I have done my best trying to read all of the proposals, even those that are coming in for the third or fourth time. At this time I have read all proposals that were turned in as of Tuesday, 11/26. If your child has not turned in a proposal you should see that on the grade portal or on the Progress Report that will come out the week we return from our Thanksgiving holiday. I will read any proposals that come in for the first time or those that needed so much work that they could not be given permission to begin experimentation. I will not read any more submissions just to raise a grade. If your child has not had a proposal approved by this time, I suggest they do a GIZMO simulation and collect hundreds of data points. Be certain that your child is doing an experiment and  not just a demonstration. There are guidelines in their science books and at www.nefrsef.org.

Science Project Presentations begin on December 9 and December 10 for the classes I have that day. Presentations end on December 16 and 17. I will grant extensions for extenuating circumstances or if a request for more time for experimentation is made by the parent. Any science project that is not presented either on time or at the end of the extension will receive a grade of ZERO until the presentation is made. At that time a deduction of 10% per class period will be made from the grade. I will explain all this next week in class along with reviewing how to do a backboard and an Abstract.

Students will have until FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6 to turn in any late or missing work listed on the progress report and currently on the grade portal or gaggle. If you can't access the grade portal remember that your child has access to gaggle and their graded are available on gaggle. After Friday, I will take no more late or missing work from the beginning of the quarter up to TODAY, 11/26. Some assignments have special substitutions and this information can be found in earlier posts. You, the parent or caregiver must write a note letting me know that you know these assignments are late or were never turned in. It doesn't matter what day I have your child in class Friday is the deadline.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments: